Thursday 7 April 2011

Final article
Candice McKenzie the 12 year old pop sensation has been working her way up the ladder to stardom. Candice has said that from the age of 4 singing was the life for her. She has turned 12 in May and used the Jonathan  Ross Show to debut her first single Rock That Beat – it has sold over 100,000 downloads in the US in its first week and is expected to be number one in Britain on Sunday, making McKenzie the youngest person to have a Britain No 1 since Michael Jackson.

Candice McKenzie debut single was signed by Grammy- winning singer Will.I.am, who released Rock That Beat on his record label UMG. Rock That Beat is an energetic pop tune in which it urges people to “want some more”. But McKenzie’s straight- out-of- the-box success leaves her destined for a particularly life changing journey. Already, the editor of the Observer Music Monthly Miranda Sawyer has called her “Britain’s most successful rising star”.

Bubble Gum magazine sent Deborah Smith to meet the new princess of pop.

Q1.  We know you have been singing from the age of 4. What made your mind up that this was going to be what you spent your whole life doing?
Well, when I am singing I feel like I am in a world of my own as I feel like I can be myself, my friends and family have been of get support to me and they help encourage me throughout and I have become better over the years. Their encouragement and wiliness for me to do great help me make my mind up that I can be success in the music industry.

Q2. How does it feel to be signed by Grammy winner Will I am?
I never thought this would ever happen to me, it is a wonderful experience to have the chance to work with him and I have enjoyed every moment. He has taught me so much, like how to become more confident and improve my vocals. On the subject of Grammy, I had so much fun I met so many celebs that I would never thought to have met, so many people were coming up to me congratulating me on my success and Lady Gaga even complemented me on the dress I was wearing.

Q3. What made you think of Rock That Beat as a song?
I chose this song because it reflects my personality as it is energetic and lively; therefore I am able to be myself while singing and producing the video.  

Q4. You have already become an inspiration for many young people, but who has inspired you to become a singer?
While growing up my inspirations were celebrities such as Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry and Britney spears, I love their songs and they have inspired me to want to carry on singing and become like them. I use to watch their music videos and want to have their life style and now, here I am.  Of course Michael Jackson the king of pop as he has dominated the pop industry for a long time, he is such a legend as people loves him all over the world.

Q5. How does it feel to be Britain’s newest youngest pop sensation?
It’s so awesome I love it so much, I love the excitement of it all, it makes me so happy to see the paparazzi and fans are all there for me I never would have thought I would have become so big, after all, I just starting out from uploading my singing videos on YouTube. I guess dreams do really come true.

Q6. From your song “Rock That Beat” featuring Will.I.am is there any other artists you would like to work with?
I was thinking about this the other day and I was saying to my parents how I would most love to sing with B.O.B, Justin Bierber or Jessie J as I really enjoy their music and I would be a great experience for me to work with well established singers and I would love for B.O.B to do some rapping on one of my tracks. 

Q7. As being a young individual in a busy industry how are you copping with studying and the famous life?
Studying has to fit around my singing career; however I have a good balance of school studies and celeb life, my parents made sure of that (laughs). I have a tutor that comes with me everywhere so there is no getting away from studies. But it can become hectic sometimes as when I go on tours I find it hard to balance studying and rehearsing for concerts and music events.  

Q8. How does your friends and family feel about your singing career?
From the beginning my family and friends have been by my side through it all, the support of my family and friends is very important as I don’t think I would be in the position I am now.

Thank you for your time, Bubble Gum magazine wishes you all the best for the future, and hope you keep persevering to be the best. You are welcome back to interview with us anytime so hope to see you soon!

Candice's debut single is being released in stores April 6th so go get yours now! 

I changed the article because I didn't have much conversational questions as seen conventionally in some magazines, I also didn't include enough questions so I wanted to add more to fill up the page and i wanted to include an editorial at the bottom so the article feels complete when read.



Double Page Spread Draft
In this double page spread I have only used one main image taking up the first page while the text is on one side, I didn't think this was the best way to lay it out so I decided to change it, it also looks boring and not enough pictures to attract the audience the pink is also pale which might not be exciting enough for my target audience.





1st article Draft 
Candice McKenzie the 12 year old pop sensation as been working up the ladder to stardom. Candice has said from the age of 4 singing was the life for her. She has turned 12 in May and used the Jonathan  Ross Show to debut her first single “ Rock That Beat” – it has sold over 100,00 downloads in the US in its first week and could be number one in Britain on Sunday, making McKenzie the youngest person to have a Britain No 1 since Michael Jackson.
Candice McKenzie debut single was signed by Grammy- winning singer Will I am, who released “Rock That Beat” on his record label UMG. Rock That Beat is an energetic pop tune in which it urges people to “want some more”. But McKenzie’s straight- out-of- the-box success leaves her destined for a particularly life changing journey. Already, The Guardian has called her “Britain’s most successful rising star”.

How long have you been singing for?
Well, pretty much my whole life my mum and dad realised at the age of 4 that I enjoyed singing and they help encourage me throughout and I have become better over the years.

How does it feel to be signed by Will I am?
I never thought this would ever happen to me, it is a wonderful experience to have the chance to work with him and I have enjoyed every moment. He has taught me so much, for example how to become more confident and improve my vocals.

What made you think of this kind of song?
This song reflects my personality as it is energetic and lively; therefore I am able to be myself while singing and producing the video.   

Who has inspiration you to become a singer?
While growing up my inspirations were celebrities such as Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry and Britney spears, I love their songs and they have inspired me to want to carry on singing and become like them as I use to watch their music videos and want to have their life style and now, here I am.  

What is being famous like?
It’s so awesome I love it so much, I love the excitement of it all, it makes me so happy to see the paparazzi and fans are all there for me I never would have thought I would have become so big, after all, I just starting out from uploading my singing videos on YouTube. I guess dreams do really come true.

What artists would you like to work with?
I was thinking about this the other day and I was saying to my parents how I would most love to sing with B.O.B, Justin Bierber or Jessie J as I really enjoy their music and I would be a great experience for me to work with well established singers and I would love for B.O.B to do some rapping on one of my tracks.  

How are you copping with studies and the famous life?
I had a feeling this question was coming and have a good balance of school studies and celeb life, my parents made sure of that (laughs). I have a tutor that comes with me everywhere so there is no getting away from studies. 

Production Log

I am now creating my double page spread article.   
Production Log
I am now in the process of creating my double page spread for my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment